1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

p/s2mouse port

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by outbacka, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. outbacka

outbacka Thread Starter

how can i stop a p/s2 mouse port from disabling the mouse and locking the computer after very little use have removed and redetected many times but still does it..it wont detect a serial mouse as an alternative ...is this a conflict or a bios problem thanks ray

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi outbacka, welcome to TSG.

The ps/2 port should have no influence over your ability to use the serial port.

Are you sure you don't have some conflicts in your device manager? Is anything trying to use the same IRQ as the serial port?

3. Rockn

Rockn

PS/2 mouse port is generally IRQ 12 so look for any other device using that one. Have you tried a different mouse??

4. outbacka

outbacka Thread Starter

gday all i have tried everything nothing else uses irq12 and i can only find that there are 3 mouse drivers on both puters ..could these conflict i dont know how to remove them to try , in the device manager this is ok till using the mouse then it puts the "! on a yellow circle" which i remove before it will detect it again ??? the mouse appears to work before it reinstalls the P/S2 mouse port on startup ...and does until something conflicts ....also i am constantly getting ie errors on both puters ie5.5 ....please pass the axe ...cheers ray

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What does it say is wrong in the device manager?

And you are going to have to explain a bit more....what do you mean when you say it's ok til you use the mouse? Where are you seeing 3 mouse drivers?

Can you post your IRQs?

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and hit ok....go to hardware, IRQs, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste your response.

And unless you tell us what IE errors you are receiving, we can't possibly have a clue as to that problem.....the two aren't related.

6. outbacka

outbacka Thread Starter

sorry after locking up 4 times i have the info on disk but this putercant read it ill try another floppy drive and respond later if i can thanks

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice