1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

P USB 16GB Flash Drive Driver Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by doogdoog, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha,
    I am trying to copy some files from my old Win98 SE computer (bought in 2000) to move to my new computer and was trying to use a small 1GB capacity flash drive. The file is way more than that so I bought a HP USB 16GB v255w flash drive but the old computer does not recognize it. Is there a driver to make it work in Win 98SE? The tech at Best Buy said it would work on my computer even though it isn't listed on the spec for Win 98 SE.

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

2. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha,
    I checked my 1GB flash drive and it showed 565MB used (drive showed no used files) and 411MB free and realized that Win 98 is not recognizing the whole 1GB flash drive. So now I am dead meat on using a flash drive since it won't recognize the whole 1GB flash drive. I think that the 16GB will never work, driver or no driver (if it was recognized, it probably would be the same as the 1GB drive). Maybe I could run a serial cable between both computers but I don't know if my new computer has a serial port (must check). Any suggestions?

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

3. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha,
    Looking like nothing is turning out good (Murphy's law LOL), no serial port. Is it possible using a USB cable going from computer to computer?

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice