1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

P182 CdRom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lazylilsnoop, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lazylilsnoop

lazylilsnoop Thread Starter

i've just bought an Antec P182 case
    manage to install everything, but the way the cd roo is installed seems to be weird.

installing the cd-rom doesn't require any screw, which then makes it tilt a bit downwards later. plus if the eject button was to press with a bit more hard, the whole cd-rom will b pushed inwards. any idea on how to stop it from moving around?

sorry for the bad english =)

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have a p180 case and the optical drives use the same method of mounting your case does. The drives mount on rails or spring clips. You then slide the clip into the drive bay. It makes a very stable mounting system with no problems.

3. lazylilsnoop

lazylilsnoop Thread Starter

so do i screw the rails to the cd-rom, n then slide it in?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Yes. Make sure you install the rail in the correct position so as to have the drive fit flush with the case.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!