1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

P2P causing slow internet even when closed?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by SweetChick, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SweetChick

SweetChick Thread Starter

Ok, several months ago I downloaded Bearshare and it seemed to work fine for a few days causing no problems, I could close it out and surf the web fine, then all of a sudden if I used it and then closed it, I could not surf unless I restarted 2 or 3 times. Sometimes I could get it to work after the "page could not be displayed" showed up by clicking on the "detect network settings" link on the page. So I uninstalled it and have been having no problems since, but I decided to try Kazaa Lite yesterday and it works great and I could even surf while it was downloading, but today I can't hardly surf at all, anywhere, it took me twenty min. just to get on here, I keep getting the "page could not be displayed" could this be a coincidence or do P2P programs just not like my computer? I am running XP Home and have DSL. Any ideas? Or maybe my ISP decided to have problems today.

2. wizzkid

wizzkid

3. SweetChick

SweetChick Thread Starter

I already ran Norton AV and Ad-Aware, I've read bad things about spybot and was afraid to try it.

4. wizzkid

wizzkid

I have never had any problems with it and there are many other users use it and they seem more than happy, that is why I use it, cos of all the recommendations from other people. If you use it and ad-aware reboot inbetween using each program, otherwise you will get program error messages......

Wizzkid

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice