P2P Network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Danboy

Hi,

Haven't been here for a while so the computer must be running fine. I do have a question. Every once and awhile I get a popup from Zone Alarm asking if I want to let P2P Network go through. So far I have said no, not knowing what it is. I was hoping someone could fill me in on this. I went to Start,Run and typed in misconfig and it is checked in the startup list.

Thanks Danboy

Have you got Kazaa or Grokster or some such file sharing program installed on your pc ?

Danboy

Started to download Kazaa, but stopped and checked it out here using search, realized what it was and stopped the download.

Danboy

P2P = people to people or peer to peer sharing. The safest one to use is kazaa lite (allegedly no spyware). I have no probs at all using it and always run an ad-aware & spybot scan straight after to be doubly safe

Did you get rid of it manually or by using KaZaaBeGone?

I ask this so that others who have the same problem and view this thread know what to do.

Thanks Danboy!

Danboy

I used the KazaaBeGone but I also had to go to Add/Remove programs and delete it from there. Also unchecked it in Startup after going to Start, Run, Msconfig.

Thanks Danboy

I had KaZaa for awhile and used KaZaa BeGone. Later I still found a couple of registry keys for KaZaa.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online