P3 Identification

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CarlssonMB

Triple6

Rob
On your first picture do you see those two black rectangles on the chip? There should be some writing on those with the model info. Usually its on the botton one.

Triple6

Rob
No, usually on the other black rectangle area it has the info printed. I can't tell if it is or not from the pictures. L021A569 yields no results.

CarlssonMB

i looked again at the actual cpu and not the pics, there is nothing but that white square you see on the other rectangle

Triple6

Rob
Thats odd. You can't run in it any PC to find out what what it is?

All I can tell you is that it's a P3 Coppermine CPU, with a 100MHz or 133MHz FSB and 256KB of L2 cache. The clock speed could be anywhere from 500MHz to 1GHz.

It won't be 450MHz. As it has no external cache chips it must be a Coppermine P3, which start at 500MHz. The earlier Katmai P3, which has external cache chips, ranges from 450MHz to 600MHz.

CarlssonMB

good point, anyone see a model number of some kind that mactches those of the intel site i posted above?

I don't think it's a model number, more likely a serial number.

Edit: I mean, the number in the picture looks like a serial number. I couldn't see any model number in the picture, it would normally be written on the black casing which is missing off this particular CPU.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online