P4 2.4ghz, min psu?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Yoiks

Hey,

Could somebody please tell me what is the minimum wattage power supply needed for a P4 2.4 ghz cpu?

Welcome to TSG

P4's need a 4pin 12V connector from the power supply. The actually power requirements are determined not just from the CPU but from the total requirements of what is in your system. Intel on their site lists "approved" power supplies some of which were as low as 275W. However, overall that's on the low side. Link to review article below

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,109379,pg,2,00.asp

Yoiks

Thx norton the link was very helpful :)

Ive got a 300w psu , 2.4 P4, geforcefx 5600 256mb, 1gig ddr 333, 2x80gig 7200rpm hd,soundblaster live and a cd-rw

the gpu says 0 power required on fig 2 but im sure the gpu needs power to run any idea how much?

looks like it might just handle it,

Im fitting it all together tommorow so....fingers crossed...:p

Yoiks

not sure what the 4pin 12volts is all about,

its the psu from my amd 1900xp+ is that compatible with P4s?

Triple6

Rob

Yoiks

Thx alot for all the info, very helpful

Im gonna buy a new 450w just to be on the safe side, that way if there are any problems I know its not down to the psu.

Thx again, Yoiks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online