1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

p4 800fsb vs amd 333fsb

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dlg0187, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

got a couple ?'s...

does..

1.a 1mb cache processor make a noticably big performance difference between a 512? is it worth the extra cash?

2.does a 533 mhz fsb cpu make a noticeable difference between a 333 fsb? is it worth paying more for it?

3. not that i will, or am thinking about doing it...but why would someone have to increase or decrease agp voltage?

3.bottom line...whats better...p4 533mhz fsb 1mb cache 2.4 ghz, or amd athlon xp 2500 barton @ 3200 2.22 ghz? noticeable differance?

thank everyone'e responses...

2. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

no respnses? ..at all? a simple yes or no at least? please help.. i just dont know if i should pay more for a p4.. :confused:

3. zeddy

zeddy

Your current system running at 3.2GHZ is going to be overall better than a 2.4GHZ P4, even with 1mb cache.

4. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

thanks for reply, but my current system runs at 2.2ghz, not 3.2... did u mean that my current system running at 2.2 ghz will overall be better than the p4? if yes, great! thanks for your help! u saved me money..thank you

5. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

can anyone else answer any of my other questions plaease?

6. zeddy

zeddy

1. I doubt if a 1mb cache 2.4ghz P4 will show any noticeable difference over your 3.2ghz (rated speed) Barton.

2. No its not worth changing a mobo and CPU for what might be a 5% improvement in real speed.

3. If you were overclocking the AGP bus then a slight increase in voltage could enable this and keep the system stable, allowing for an increase in framerates - or a cooked graphics card.

3. (again) No you would not notice the difference, in fact you might see some applications run slower.

7. dlg0187

dlg0187 Thread Starter

Man...thanks Alot !!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice