P4P800E Deluxe with Prescott P4 - 3.2GHz/1mb

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Metaphoric

I've recently ordered a Asus P4P800E Deluxe, I had also picked out the " Intel Pentium 4 3.2prescott 800fsb 1mg Cache," I have not set this up yet, as i am yet to order the processor.

The thing is I have been reading that the P4 - 3.2 1MB cache does not work until you update the BIOS of the motherboard, and it says this on the Asus website.
Does this mean the processor will operate at a lower speed until i upgrade, or will it just not work full stop! I don't have a socket 478 processor I can use to boot and then flash the BIOS, so I would be stuck with a Motherboard and processor combo I couldn't use.

Hopefully someone has expreience or knows more information about this.
If I do require to flash the BIOS before that processor will work, could you recommend a similar speed/priced processor, or is there some way I can get round this?

Any help greatly appreciated,
thanks,

Metaphoric.

Edit: This is the link to the processor/BIOS support for the P4P800-E Deluxe http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

It should be fine. If you just purchased the motherboard, it probably has latest BIOS. I bought a P4S800 and read the same thing, turned out my Bios was a few revisions newer than needed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online