1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

P5K-VM motherboared not workig and iv'e tried everthing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Camster3, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Camster3

Camster3 Thread Starter

OK i have looked at all the other sites an even this one i have tried everything but none of it worked. I was using it fine for a few months and then i turn it off and come back later and it Says "CMOS checksum bad" and under that "USB devive over current status detected !! system will shut down after15 seconds"

2. Camster3

Camster3 Thread Starter

this is a few mi nutes after that now it says "CMOS setting wrong" then under that "USB devive over current status detected !!"

3. frankjohn

frankjohn

Main reasons of your PBLM. Cmos battery or did you do a bios update? RE set your bios to default , run a virus scan

4. frankjohn

frankjohn

One other reason this might of occured is a improper shut down

5. Camster3

Camster3 Thread Starter

no i shut it down properly and did not update the bios it just stopped working i've removed the btery reset it and it didn't work i can't get on to the computer to do the virus scan it just brings up the AMI thing scans for stuff then shutsdown 5 seconds later

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice