1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
Hey guys

Got a ASUS P9X79 Pro motherboard
16GB DDR3 RAM
2TB HDD
850 Watt PSU
GTX 680 GPU
i-3930k (not arrived yet just trying to boot to BIOS/post screen to check everythings good)

Plugged everything in but my machine doesn't power on fully. On the motherboard I get the LED's telling me my machine is in standby mode, no beep codes however. The LED on the front of machine doesn't turn on, nor do the front switches do anything like the power or reset button. I get no image when plugged into a monitor (monitor works fine) it does not post. I've tried different RAM, no GPU, taking the system apart and putting it back together. Power is going to the motherboard hence the lights, however my PSU fan doesn't spin. I tried connecting my other fans but they didn't spin so I've been trying it without them. I connected the PSU 24 pin & 8 pin to the motherboard, I also tried the 4 pin instead of the 8 pin but it didn't work.

Any thoughts?

#8 ·
I think it's impossible to do anything without a CPU. Even flashing a Bios involves running a program and you can't run a program without a CPU

Got a link to the Asus guide you're using ?

#9 ·
The board will not post without a cpu. Stop now before you damage something.

That board needs at least bios 906 or later to run that cpu. Asus support can tell you what bios your board shipped with if you provide the serial number from the box. Note you have to get someone on the phone who actually understands what they are doing. If you get someone who is simply reading from a sheet, they will not know how to research what bios the board shipped with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.