1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Packard Bell A726 monitor on XP?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by belveder, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

I just put a Packard Bell A726 monitor on my computer running XP Pro and everytime I boot the computer up I get a little green box with yellow writing saying

"Signal Invalid"

The monitor works lovely but I have been having problems with games slowing down and I was wondering if there is a hardware conflict with the monitor.

I have tried installing the correct drivers but they are only for 98

Any advice for this would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. 0tbyn8r

0tbyn8r

Hi Belveder

Don't know if this is what you're after. You'll find a link below from HP's driver page for the monitor you specified. I've included a short blurb from that page.

"This video upgrade is intended for Windows ME systems that are being upgraded to Windows XP.
    This VIA video driver was not included on the Windows XP CD and is designed to improve the performance of applications supporting OpenGL"

Although it states WinME it might apply to you. If you find it doesn't work, you can always roll back the driver.

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwa...188en&prodId=hppavilion69943&lc=en&sw_lang=en

God love South Australians...because nobody else does
    (just kidding) :D

3. belveder

belveder Thread Starter

Thanks heaps for that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!