1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

packardbell major problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sameershekhar, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sameershekhar

sameershekhar Thread Starter

I had 2 partitions on the laptop C and E, last night while fidling about I deleted E and since then laptop doesnt boot up. Comes up, windows hardware configuration not recoqnized. Tried to recover it but seems recovery bit was also deleted. Can any one help me to reboot the laptop..I have to recover important office work else my life is over!!!

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds like the mbr was on the other partition. You need to boot to an XP cd choose "R" and then from the prompt:
    fixboot then fixmbr and that should do it.

3. sameershekhar

cheers mate but I dont have a clue how to do that, may I request you advice me how to go about doing that, dont wanna cause more problems.do i need master cd for this??

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

You need to enter bios (setup) and make sure the boot order has cd rom booting in order before the hard drive as either device 1 or 2. Most pc's enter bios by tapping F8 after pressing the power button until you enter setup.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

5. sameershekhar

thanks mate, I tried booting with boot cd eneter bios and got to this part

After you start the Windows Recovery Console, you receive the following message:
    Microsoft Windows(R) Recovery Console

The Recovery Console provides system repair and recovery functionality.
    Type EXIT to quit the Recovery Console and restart the computer.

1: C:\WINDOWS

Which Windows Installation would you like to log on to
    (To cancel, press ENTER)?

but after this also it does not recover!! some one said i have deleted the recovery software as well from the disk

6. sameershekhar

thanks mate, got it up and running!!

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Might want to consider a backup solution if your life depends on computer files.

8. sameershekhar

i have backed up the documents, but now it comes up with error"invalid partition table" can any one help to resolve

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice