1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Packet Loss Nightmare

Discussion in 'Networking' started by wishdokkta, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wishdokkta

wishdokkta Thread Starter

Help!

I am currently using an Origo ASR-8400 router to connect my two computers to a 1mb ADSL line. Yesterday I took my base unit of my main computer to a friends in order to do some work online for him and plugged into his network via a D-Liink DWL +120 wireless usb adapter, which I had to install. This gave me a great deal of problems, mainly that the connection was intermitent and I suffered packet loss regularly. Anyway, I returned my computer to my home today and reconnected my router (via LAN) and connected to an online game as i always do. To my horror I find that i am now receiving major packet loss at home to! I know that it must be the computer rather than anything else because my 2nd computer, also connected via the router, reports no packet loss at-all. I am at my witts end, I do not know why this is happening but i am assuming it all has to do with that damn D-Link adapter i used at my friends as I had no troubles before. I have checked my add/remove programs and find that a D-Link adapter entry is sitting there, it will not let me remove it either with or without the software CD, there is no entry on my network connections for the D-Link (it is not connected so I am not suprised at that) Furthermore WinXP refuses point-blank to do a system retore to before i installed it, just says it wasnt possible. What is going on? Can anyone help me??

regards
    Wish

2. wishdokkta

Anyone? I think this must be a port config problem or something.

Nobody got a clue?

3. wishdokkta

Great. My first ever post on these forums and no-one can even acknowledge me let alone help me!

Good one.

Tech support - yer ok then.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice