1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Page breaks in Access?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jen_Brown, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jen_Brown

Jen_Brown Thread Starter

I have created a database for order entry. I am trying to do an invoice that will show each invoice number as a different page. All the correct data is on the report but each order line is on a seperate page rather than being grouped together for each invoice number. In the "detail" section, I have put "new page after this section" so that each page starts a new invoice number but it seems to have messed up the order lines.
    Any ideas? I know it's something simple but my brain hurts!

2. Jen_Brown

Jen_Brown Thread Starter

As an extra here is a snippet from the report I am trying to create. As you can see, the two order lines are being added seperately instead of together!

Address1 35 LONG LANE Invoice Number 23
    Address2 TIVOLI Invoice Date 12/03/03
    Address3 CHELTENHAM

Quantity Description Price

2 1.0 MM 6242Y £15.99

Sub Total £31.98

VAT @ 17.5% £5.60

Grand Total £37.58

5 2 GANG METAL £1.50
    BACK BOX 35 MM

Sub Total £7.50

VAT @ 17.5% £1.31

Grand Total £8.81
    Helppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

3. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

I'm not sure what your table structure is, but you probably need to add a grouping level for invoice number, put the grand-total figure in the group footer, and set Force New Page for the group footer to After Section.

It looks like you can have many part numbers for one invoice (this would, of course, be normal, but I have to guess from your data); the detail is always the lowest level, i.e. where there are the most records--if it's part number, and you set it to page-break after the detail, you'll get one part number per page.

Calling the total per part number "Grand Total" doesn't do much to help my understanding, incidentally. But that's neither here nor there... ;)

4. Jen_Brown

Jen_Brown Thread Starter

Thanx for your help. I have kinda done it using the methods you suggest but had to create a few queries to get it to work exactly as I wanted. It's now finished and FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! (Well I think so in my limited experience!)

Once again, thnx for replying

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice