1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

page can not be displayed

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by danicori, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danicori

danicori Thread Starter

i have wireless internet and my system is showing that i am connected to it, but when i try and check my email on msn or yahoo i get page can not be displayed

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
    Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

I have done what it says on here and i still can not connect

2. Augie65

Augie65

Go to Internet Options and on the General tab, Delete Files and check the box to delete all offline content> Delete Cookies. Then on the Content tab> AutoComplete button> Clear Forms and Clear Passwords. OK and Apply your way out. Close IE and try the site again.

3. Molucky

Molucky

Is it just for these websites? Or other websites? Are you using a firewall? Maybe try disabeling you firewall to see if that helps.

4. danicori

danicori Thread Starter

I tried both of the things listed above and it is still not working

I can get to websites and everything but when i try and log in to check my email it gives me that page can not be displayed

5. Molucky

Molucky

What browsing software are you using? How long has this been going on for?

6. danicori

danicori Thread Starter

i am using internet explorer and it just started today, a neighbor has the wireless internet and they gave me the password to connect, and the first time it happened i went and put in the IP address and it was working fine until yesterday all of the sudden it wont let me check my email anymore

7. danicori

danicori Thread Starter

ok it looks like it isnt just logging into my email that is givingme the problem it happens whenever i go to a page that i have to log in on well not on every page but certain ones like msn, yahoo t-mobile

8. Molucky

Molucky

Ok, it would be somthing on your PC blocking you from accessing these sites. Have you tried pinging the sites? Start > Run > type CMD (press ok) > PING WWW.YAHOO.COM

Then tell me how many packets where sent and how any were recieved. Also turn on your windows firewall. That is in Control Panel under Security Center i think.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice