Page cannot be displayed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
You're welcome for the help, but you really haven't given me any feedback on whether you have tried disabling Norton Internet Security, or verified the integrity of the Hosts file. You may also be using lmhosts which is used in some LAN configurations.

If you are connecting through a broadband modem you should try unplugging the power to it after shutting down -- to clear its cache.

And if you haven't done this, open Internet Options and clear the Temporary Internet Cache, offline content, history and cookies.

Actually I just noticed you have Windows XP SP2 (you posted in the wrong forum).

Have you tried doing a System Restore to a date prior to the problem? Be advised any installed software since then, that you want to keep will have to be reinstalled.

Before doing this, you might also want to try the XP Winsock repair. Damage to Winsock registry keys can be a source of such problems.

http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html

Rbaby86

oh, im sorry bout that, i didnt realize it was the wrong forum, and i tried system restore and the comp wont let me onto that link

Well if System Restore completed successfully to a date you know to be prior to the problem, it would have fixed any Winsock issues and virtually any XP or IE "system issue" that might be involved.

That leaves only two issues I think: the ISP you are using and hardware problems.

Since you are connecting through a School network, they may have some help available there in stepping you through the configuration issues that might be involved.

If the problem is widespread, not just a few sites, I have to think that what you are having now is a hardware problem. If you have any external routers you might try bypassing them, and check any cables. If the networking card is one you have installed it may be worthwhile to reseat it.

By the way, this entry indicates thay you are, or were, using a Wireless connection:

O23 - Service: WLTRYSVC - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe (file missing)

The file c:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe is NOT missing, this is a HijackThis error. However I can't verify C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

I would definitely troubleshoot this problem by bypassing any unnecessary hardware and connecting as directly as possible to your cable or dsl line.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online