1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Page Can't be Displayed

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dugalk, Jan 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dugalk

dugalk Thread Starter

Is there a reason why one particular web page could not be loaded from a specific computer?

I am trying to connect to www.bloomberg.com on my machine at work. I get the error message in the subject. I can surf around to anywhere else I like except there. And this means no other pages for that site. Like www.bloomberg.com/bbn/.

I have gone to other computer in my office and been able to connect with no problem. I have also cleared the browser cache and history. I have checked the security settings to find if it was restricted. I've also checked my content advisor to see if it was disabled. None of this has yet worked.

I am using IE 5.5 on Win 98 SE.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Keith

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

That page uses java. Check your java settings. Check to make sure that the virtual machine is current.

Are you running any sort of adblocker?

Check your proxy settings. Are you using a proxy? If is, try turning it off.

On your advance internet options, check to see if the JIT is enabled.

Also, check your hosts file. To check it, do a search on your computer for hosts

There is not an extension on the one you want. When you find it, open it up and see if there are any entries that might reference that website.

3. dugalk

dugalk Thread Starter

Well, I broke down and took the time to install IE6. Everything seems to work fine now. Sorry I couldn't provide any real insight into this problem. Thank you for the advice though. Hopefully someone will get a chance to use it.

Keith

4. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Glad you got it fixed. Maybe somethign was broken inside of it and installing IE 6 fixed it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice