1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

page fault after installing ram

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twisted_d, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twisted_d

twisted_d Thread Starter

i get a page fualt in a no page error when running some games after i installed another 256 ram that didnt work. i removed the new ram, and then i started receiving that error when running some programs. ive tried reseating my old ram, but it did nothing. its does this when im tring to run the new MoH and the sims 2. im only assuming that it something to do with installing the other ram. i also recently updated to xp pro corporate from 98se, i also recently updated my video drivers. i tried rolling back to my previous driver with no luck. please help

system specs
    windows xp pro corp
    1.2 athalon
    256 ddr
    geforce fx5700
    soundblaster live platinum

2. winbob

winbob

What is the exact Error Msg? I don't think that, "i get a page fualt in a no page error" is the correct text.

A Page Fault is not a bad thing in itself.

3. twisted_d

twisted_d Thread Starter

page fault in non paged area

stop:0x00000050(oxe2421060,0x00000001,oxbfb013b5,0x00000001)

nv4_disp.dll adress bfb013b5 base at bf993000, datestamp 000000000

4. winbob

winbob

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice