1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Page Fault In Nonpaged Area" BSOD with random hard freeze

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by spyslayer, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spyslayer

spyslayer Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I just upgraded my GPU 5 months ago. After the upgrade, I managed to boot my computer with no problems at all, until it started giving me random freeze recently when i run some heavy applications.

PC will hard freeze and audio will hang. Only way to end it is to manual restart. and PC can only restart after i ve to unplug (for 5-10 mins) and re-plug all cables.

i have also updated the nvidia driver to the latest version on 30/07/18.

2 days ago, i ve a "Page Fault In Nonpaged Area" BSOD.

Today, i just had another hard freeze with no BSOD. again the only way to end it is to manual restart. and PC can only restart after i ve to unplug (for 5-10 mins) and re-plug all cables.

Some PC details:Running Windows 10 64bit.
    Hardware changes:
    GPU: changed from GT640 to GeForce GTX 1050.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks!

2. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    1. Go to the search bar in bottom left of screen(next to Windows Icon)
    2. type "This PC", right click it when it shows up, and choose properties
    3. On the left there is a link called "Advanced System Settings" click that
    4. Go the "Advanced" tab, under it will be a section called Performance, click the Settings button in that section
    5. Go to the "Advanced" tab, go to the section called Virtual Memory, and click the "Change" button
    6. Unclick the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" checkbox
    7. Then click the little circle next to "No Paging File"
    8. Click Ok, if it asks for more then click ok or apply
    9. Then Restart your computer
    10. Then repeat steps 1-5
    11. Check the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" checkbox
    12. And look at the "System Manged Sized" circle it should be checked
    13. Next click Ok, and ok and apply to future questions(make sure to read them), and restart your computer

3. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice