Page File / Virtual Memory Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnnyXPuser

Hello, I recently due to my stupidity changed my page file's maximum and minimum usage. I've noticed that my performance in games and the performance in computer itself has dramatically changed. For example, after a few minutes of playing a game , the game starts lagging very bad and my fps rate goes rocket high. I have tried many methods of making my page file size go back to default but have failed. Please help me with this problem. Any help would be appreciated. :eek:

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad CPU
q8200 @ 2.33 GHZ
2.33 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM

Virtual Memory:
Total paging file size for all drivers: 3071
(I only have one drive which is C:)
Space available: 120495MB

Total paging file size for all drives
Minimum allowed : 2MB
Recommended: 4606 MB
Currently allocated: 3071

leroys1000

Banned
There should be a check box in the virual memory window
that says something like System managed size.
Check that box then click apply/ok.
Restart the computer.
Windows will automatically adjust virtual memory size as needed.

JohnnyXPuser

Yeah I tried that but my computer still acts the same. I'm trying to find a good size to put in the custom sizes :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online