1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

page jumping up and down

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tesskeefe, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tesskeefe

tesskeefe Thread Starter

help guys! my webpage and scroll bar are jumping up and down of their own accord. prob been off and on for about a year but now worse than ever - any suggestions? it is just the page and not the whole browser. any help much appreciated. Since no one has replied does that mean none of you have ever had this before or am I in the wrong forum - please advise - thanks

2. mobo

mobo

Have you tried a different mouse at all ?

3. tesskeefe

tesskeefe Thread Starter

Hi not as such, i tried taking it out and it was still happening, had a guy over to fix pc and he said it must be a virus in the hard drive, but have tried every removal tool going and its still happening. been like it all morning but has stopped again now. Maybe it has PmS!

4. mobo

mobo

First please get Spybot S&D to clear out most of the spyware.

Short tutorial and download link here:
    http://tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/

Fix everything SpybotSD labels in red.

Then after reboot:
    Download 'Hijack This to its own folder http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log, load it in Notepad, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

5. tesskeefe

tesskeefe Thread Starter

hi thanks have done that, its still happening though!

6. dquixote

dquixote

I had the same problem recently when I switched to mozilla firefox. I just switched back to opera and it seems to be fine now.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223130

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice