"Page not displayed error"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dbldwn1

I am having problems with certain websites, when I enter my username and passwords I get "Page not displayed or unavailable" has anyone seen this problem before? Please Help.

Thanks

The problem could be with the web site or corrupted Internet cache files. So I recommend you delete you Internet Files and many your cookies. If you are using IE (Windows Internet Explorer) select Tools, Internet Options, Delete Cookies button, and Delete Files... button.

dbldwn1

Hi Dan O,

I tried what you told me but the problem still exists. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

dbldwn1

I think my old Norton Internet security professional is causing the above problems. Yesterday when I started my computer in the desktop a window popped up saying "Norton auto-protect driver could not be loaded" I purchased the new Norton Internet Security to install. I am trying to Uninstall the old version but it won't let me it says only a supervisor account can do it, I'm the only account on this computer. Is there anyway I can bypass this so I can remove the old version and install the new one? Need Help! Please!:eek:

dbldwn1

It works from other browser's. What can I do to fix the problem with my current browser? also how can I uninstall my old version of Norton, it says only a supervisor account can uninstall it. I'm the only account. I went to add/remove programs but it won't let me. I opened my current Norton and cant seem to adjust it from there either. What do you recommend?

You can try to uninstall your norton by insert the same disc where you install last time, i think it will ask you to repair or remove something like that, cause i never use symantec product. But i heard 2006 is getting better. And for your browser, try update IE6 SP2. if it still dosent works, repair your windows. but not format.

dbldwn1

Thanks for all this information. But when I went to the Symantec website and clicked on the link to remove Norton "Page not displayed error" came up. I tried to get it from another browser such as firefox and now that's telling me its unable to connect. Something is stopping me from removing my old Norton, and I think this why my usernames and passwords don't work. Anyone have any ideas?

Also went to Java same thing won't let me.

dbldwn1

I downloaded the latest versions of ad-aware and spybot and when I try to get updates on them I get error messages. Why won't it let me update? I think I got a nasty bug! Need serious help. Please!

i got a stupid idea, but i dont know whether it helps. If i were you, i will boot into safe mode (Norton never load), than go in your program file delete the symantec folder, together with some services in Administrative tools > services make it "Disable", and spend sometimes in the registry, use "Fnd" to search for string that related with symantec. and delete the string and reboot the PC. P/S: "PLEASE CREATE RESTORE POINT, BEFORE YOU DO THIS" incase after reboot your PC is "dead" i done this before last time... and you can try Trend Micro "SysClean" , you can download from the site together with the latest virus pattern, boot into safe mode and scan. hope it helps..

dbldwn1

Advancer, this all sounds good, but unfortunately I don't know how to do any of the above you listed. I'm NOT that computer literate. Can you please explain the steps on how to do this. Thank You.

Well, first make sure you backup all your data (in-case it doesnt boot later). Boot into safe mode by pressing "F8" after the POST, than chose "safe mode" from the menu. when your pc bootup, just go into the path where your symantec is installed, and delete. if it got error pop-up say unable to delete... somthing like that, go check your task manager see any symantec services running, by right it shud not running in safe mode, unless u make it run. So, find it and end the whole process tree. than you shud be able to delete the symantec folder.

Than, and disable all the startup in RUN "msconfig" or in "Services" where you can find in administrative tools. (this is prevent keep on pop-up for the error msg when u make next reboot.). After that type "REGEDIT" in RUN than highlight "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" on your left panel. (usually all applicantion registry store in this both location) than click on "EDIT" > "FIND" type "Symantec" or "Norton" this step takes some times to complete. find it and delete it. than you can download and try use this "sysclean" from trendmicro (if you trust it) and start scan in safe mode with the latest pattern, download together with latest pattern when you download sysclean. http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp

P/S: Please Be Sure when you doing all this, is ok if you want to test your SKILL by the way, you never know if you didn't make a try. Bless You.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online