1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Page Title Not Showing Correctly in Search

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Gman121, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gman121

Gman121 Thread Starter

I created a wesite and came to realize that it is displaying sleepokc.com as the title in the Google Search results instead of Mattress Sleepcenters. The url of the website is http://sleepokc.com.

This happens if I google Mattress Store Edmond, or Mattress Store Norman.

Any ideas?

2. DrP

DrP

Looks like this is sorted, then?

3. Gman121

Gman121 Thread Starter

What do you mean?

4. DrP

DrP

Sorry, I misread the question.

The <title> attribute is what Google uses for this. Running the Google search and viewing the cached copy shows the last time the page was cached was 15th December and at that time the <title> only contained the word 'Home'. I'm fairly sure the last cached date will be the same as the last indexed date, which would mean Google hasn't indexed your site since then, so won't have seen your new page title.

Why didn't it call it 'Home', if that was your page title at that time? Presumably Google filters out meaningless page titles and replace them with the site's url? I don't know that.

Basically, you need to wait for Google to index your site again. You might also want to be a little more creative with your page titles, too, as they are supposed to be one of the most important parts of the page when it comes to Google ranking.

5. sepala

sepala

Yes, wait until google index your site again. It will take somethig like 2 weeks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice