1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Page will not display.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by loulou826, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. loulou826

loulou826 Thread Starter

I am running windows 98 and i signed up for internet service yesterday which works fine but when i try to pull up a web page it reads page cannot be displayed. I have tried many things. I checked my internet connections and they all fine. I have talked to my internet tech and they couldn't find the problem. I checked my isp's they are fine. Does anyone have any ideas on what to check and why my web page won't pull up. I am connected to the internet but no web pages. I checked my homepage it is fine. Any help appreciated.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    on IE - goto
    internet options
    connections

whats there - dial a connection or never dial a connection

also look at the lan settings
    advanced
    so you have a proxy set up

3. loulou826

loulou826 Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. It reads dial a connection. The tech helped with with that last night. The modem is working and dialing the connection fine. What do i need to look for in the proxy settings. Any help appreciated. I also tried to connect a while back using the high speed internet and it would take it so when i went to get back on the dial up it would display the pages. I have dial up and it worked fine until i tried to connect to the high speed internet through my phone service. Thank you for your help.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so is this dialup or broadband connection

if dialup - is the correct dialup connected /highlighted on the IE connections tab

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice