1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mmbc_voltron, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mmbc_voltron

mmbc_voltron Thread Starter

I am getting the blue screen on an XP machine after each solution i have tried. I have replace the ram, cleared the page file, ran chkdsk, and I was doing a repair install and I got the blue screen again. What else could it be. I used a hard drive utility and the hard drive is fine. all 4 sticks of memory can't be bad. I tried them one at a time. I need some help and thoughts.

Thanks

I tried the restore again and it made it, but when i proceed to login get the blue screen again.

0x00000050
    no indication of a file

2. bubblz

bubblz Account Closed

Can you boot into safe mode without the blue screen?

Have you run a utility like memtest32 on the memory to verify that it is in fact, good?

Are you running SP2 with upgraded antivirus, antispyware, etc?

Did you change anything (hardware, software) prior to receving the BSOD? Any additional info would be very helpful here.

Bubblz

3. mmbc_voltron

No i can't boot into safe mode. I get the same blue screen.
    I can't run memtest because it is a laptop with out a floppy.
    Yes it is running SP2 but not sure what you mean upgraded virus software.
    I does have norton installed 2006 internet security.
    THere hasn't been any hardware installed or software since IE7 came out about 5 months ago. I thought that could be the culprit but it has been running fine for so long.

I tried downloading the ISO image and boot the memtest from a CD but it says.
    emm386 cannot find an unused 65 kilobyte range of upper memory. It loads everything but then just gets to the dos command. I tried going into all the exe files and nothing seems to work.

I just tried to load 2 other working os from my other 2 laptops and they both got stuck on the activation window. They were already activated. I didn't proceed to activate. I am now pointing to a reinstall to fix my BSOD.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

It sounds like your ram may be completely buggered.

Try reseating the modules -- it's really quite easy to do especially on a laptop. Remove the power and battery first.

You may be able to get the memory tested at a computer store.

5. mmbc_voltron

I had 2 other chips that work fine in another laptop with the same speed. I tried those one at a time and I still get the bsod.

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Just out of curiousity, with one of those sticks in (just one), do you still get this error when trying to load memtest86? Try alternate slots as well.

emm386 cannot find an unused 65 kilobyte range of upper memory

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x50

It really sounds like a hardware failure, if not the ram, then the motherboard itself.

7. bubblz

bubblz Account Closed

Have you flashed your BIOS recently? Are you running any custom settings in your BIOS? Something else to try would be to get into the BIOS and set everything to default.

I agree with Rollin' Rog. It's beginning to sound like a hardware failure. Do you have BartPE loaded to the PC by chance? If not, go here and get an image. It has saved me a million times....and just might help to diagnose your problem. :) It's worth a try anyway: http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Have you run any diags on the mainboard?

Do you by chance have any other harddisks lying around that you could throw an image on? That's what I always do when something really goes awry. It's always a good way to rule out hardware failure. Of course, if you don't have extra hardware, that idea won't help you any....

You mention you tried a repair install -- how exactly did you try to do this?

Could you give me the specs on your system?

Good luck. :)

Bubblz

One other thought.....was your system restore damaged in the MS upgrade for MSXML? I have run into numerous systems that seem to have in common the fact that system restore quit working after that system update (KB927978). After reinstalling system restore (on those systems that users hadn't buggered up too badly trying to fix themselves), things were okay.

8. CpX

CpX

Anyhow, I have exact same problem... however mine is different.

I had 4 nice hd in removable frames.... all worked, everything worked. After taking one hd out and put it into an usb icybox, the pc shortly after made the blue screen with the same error.

I tried putting it back in the frame, the pc still dies. Its like the usb thing corrupted it.

- However, all disk tools ive tried testing/reparing the disk with in dos - can see it and the data, so it do work.

But windows is just gay :(

Poster, what did u do1?!?!?

9. tommy2k8

tommy2k8

Hi

I get the same BSOD's - either memory corruption, vista driver fault (which, according to the analysis of minidumps are the graphics and audio cards). I have run a TuffTest, and no memory problems reported. I have read through the many suggestions here and none of them work. Here are the system specs:

Board: ConRoe1333-D667 R2.0
    Memory: 2GB

(It's my client's PC, this is copied and pasted from my notes)

Things I have tried:
    Booted the computer into Safe Mode
    Used Last Known Good Configuration
    Tried System Restore
    Tried a system repair

Not successful, as the system continuously gets stuck in a restart loop

I backed up the files he asked to be backed up, from Windows using the Linux System Rescue CD
    I backed up his pictures and his enails

I performed a Sorface Analysis with TuffTest, nothing was found

With the Vista DVD, the system attempted a repair
    The system said it had corrected errors, but didn't say what they were
    I tried to boot the system up in normal and safe mode, but it still wouldn't boot

From the Vista DVD, I perfomed a rebuiild
    The first thing that I needed was a product key. After looking on the computer and on the DVD
    I couldn't find one, so this has to be entered later
    I continued without a product key
    I chose a Custom Install
    The system went through the process of installing Windows, before asking me to set the time, date
    and enter the regional settings
    The installation was complete

Windows then checked the computer's performance

Everything was fine, until the whole computer froze

I did another rebuild, installing the third-party software again, and the updates. This seemed to do the trick for a couple of hours, although I got another Blue Screen of Death later on reporting a driver gobbling up memory

I entered the make and model of the motherboard into Google, and found a BIOS update. I downloaded this, flashed the BIOS, and hoped that it worked.

Ron took it home on Friday 20, only to turn it on on the Saturday to be greeted with another BSOD. Unfortunately, the computer restarted quickly so he couldn't note down the error message.

He brought it back on Wednesday 25, I had a look at the Event Log, that only told me Windows had recovered from a serious error.
    I then installed SP1, in the hope the errors would go away. However, I turned it on this morning (26th) and I got another BSOD. Don came round and put another power supply in.

I downloaded the Windows Debugging Tools

10. wirevero

wirevero

Just to let anyone interested know:

I had the same systems with the blue screen during startup. The user had recently used a memory card so I suspected from the posts above that the flash card could have messed up something.

Turns out it was the memory. I removed one stick and the system booted up fine – if a bit slower. I’m having the user order more memory to replace and max out the PC.

Specs:
    4-5 year old Dell Dimension XPS Gen3
    512M memory (was 1G with the two cards)
    145G hard drive.
    Cheers

11. Melons

Melons

Hi mmbc_voltron

I had the same problem on a Windows Vista laptop, wouldn't log on in safe or normal mode, I solved the issue.

I took the HD out, put it in a caddy attached it via USB to another PC copied the user profile I was trying to logon too, (just to have a backup), then deleted the profile. I then put the HD back into the laptop and logged on successfully then just copied all the files (images, mp3's etc no system files) back to my documents etc, bobs your aunty all working.

I hope this helps someone.

12. tommy2k8

tommy2k8

According to the Event Log, I got 2 ID 6 errors in the past 24 hours.

Some processing performance features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem.
    This has happened 104 times since June.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice