Pagefile

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

steloide

Hi, I have a quick question. Will i benefit much if i partition my hdd and use that partition for pagrfiling or could I make virtual drive for that pagefile? I'm more curious as to how to do it rather than, if its worth it. I have 500GB HDD 4GB RAM i5 processor laptop. Could anyone please give me a quick how to guide. Im studying CompTIA A+ and its coming up. Thanks.
Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
NO, to gain the increase in speed, it MUST be a separate hard drive not a partition.
The heads still would have to travel to the other partition every time.
The movement of the heads is where the speed is gained.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts