1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pages closing very slowly

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by siddarudhak96, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. siddarudhak96

siddarudhak96 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I have facing problem.

when i close any window, word document, web browser, its closing very slowly,
    system very slow, i have updated anti virus software. I think this problem from paging file settings, but i don't how set.

Please give me some solution.

Thanks and Regards,
    Creative Siddu89

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Pagefile is related to the physical amount of memory you have installed. How much do you have? Find out in Control Panel>System on the General tab and post back the details of the processor and the RAM or memory.

3. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Hiya siddarudhak96.

The slow closing could be down to the graphics driver not being set up correctly although an incorrect page file or virtual memory setting will also have an effect.

To set the page file, open up System Properties (Start -> Control Panel -> System) and click the Advanced tab. Now click the settings button under Performance and then the Advanced tab. Click Change in the Virtual memory box, and set it to System managed size, OK it and reboot the machine.

Check that the graphics driver is up to date and the resolution and refresh rate are set as they should be and if you need any help locating an up to date driver, let us have some info about the chipset or card and I`m sure someone will follow it up.

Regards
    Jenny

4. siddarudhak96

siddarudhak96 Thread Starter

I am using 512MB size RAM, how to calculate Virtual Memory. Like
    1GB= ?
    2GB=?
    3GB=?
    4GB=?
    256MB=?
    ?=Initial size and Maximum size

I don't have VGA driver software, how i can install ?

5. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

If the system is set to handle the Virtual Memory, you're probably looking at 768Mb - one and one half times the physical RAM. Upgrade to 1Gb and that figure goes with it to 1.5. Your graphics are almost certainly onboard so there's a portion of your 512Mb on permanent loan to those - that could bring you down to 448Mb.

Go to http://www.crucial.com and select your country's local site, then tick to agree the condition and download the scanner. IE may prompt you about an ActiveX object but it's quite safe. Let Crucial scan your system and tell you what's in there, what's available as upgrade options and how much they would want to sell it to you.

Use that information to shop around but they're quite competitive and here in the UK, they ship very promptly. Fitting is simple - post back for more details.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970857

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice