1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pages sometimes don't load or take ages to load

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TheListener, Aug 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheListener

TheListener Thread Starter

Hey Guys!

So, I've run into a bit of a problem. For the past couple of days my Internet Connection seems to be acting strange.
    Sometimes i can load pages almost instantly, for example google or wikipedia, and a minute later i have a loading time of above 30 seconds for the same page.
    On the other Hand, when I start a large Download and it has to run for an hour or more, it wont abort, even when I can't connect to other Websites in the meantime.

The weird thing is that this happens on every Device in my Network. I've done a ping test in this little "downtime" and half the packages timed out.
    Wireshark shows that somehow I keep sending out packages but for like 15 - 20 seconds I get no response at all.

I really don't know what to make of this and would appreciate some help^^
    Thanks in Advance!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Problems are with both Wi-Fi and ethernet connections?

Do you have separate modem and router? If so, same problem with a computer connected directly to the modem?

3. TheListener

The problems appear both with a wireless and ethernet connection.
    I have a modem/router combo, so just one device. Some devices use it for WLAN access, and my desktop is connected via cable.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It's the modem/router, your ISP or your interior wiring but really tough to determine which.

Any LEDs on the modem/router that give any hint (by changing status when the problem occurs)?

Do you have cable, DSL or some other service?

5. TheListener

The LEDs don't behave unusual when this problem occurs.
    I got DSL 16k.
    Have been thinking that it might be the ISP but hey, problems can spawn anywhere.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Can you test by connecting at the NID, eliminating your internal wiring?

7. TheListener

Just as I wanted to read up on NID's my Internet suddenly began working again.
    Ill wait a couple of days to be sure but I guess the source was indeed the ISP.

Thank you very much for your help though : )

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1105331

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice