Pages will not open in IE XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jazz2

I've searched to see if there are already any posts on this and couldn't find any, so apologies if this has been covered before and I've just failed to find the answer.

I have an Airport base station with an x-modem. I have an eMac and two XP laptops connected to it wirelessly. I recently upgraded to a 2mbps broadband service, and have found that some web pages will not load on the laptops. There are a range of sites where this happens; all they seem to have in common is that the specific pages take a bit longer to load. I can access Ebay, for example, and search for items, but cannot access specific item listings. I cannot register with Toontown, nor send registrations on other websites.

The problem doesn't apply to the eMac (though it now has the Raster Shift problem and works only intermittently at the moment - but that's another story).

I also have an older PC running Windows 98, which is connected to the Airport directly, and the problem doesn't apply there, either. So I assume the problem is something to do with the IE settings in XP - but which one(s)?? I had also assumed it was something to do with the upgraded broadband service, as the problem didn't exist previously - so far as I know(!) - but that might not really be connected.

Any and all suggestions very gratefully received!

Jazz2

Not sure if this will inspire any responses ... but I tried connecting each laptop directly to the internet (i. e. not through the network) and all connections/page downloads were fine. I also found that the problem seemed to be resolved when I went back to the network, but this turned out to be temporary. So I'm more or less back to where I was.

One laptop seems to be o.k. on the network. the other isn't.

Can anyone suggest a reason for this? Could it be something to do with the number of computers? Is it likely to be a problem my ISP should be dealing with or is it my hardware?

The problem is obviously not critical but it is pretty annoying. Hope somebody has some ideas 'cos I seem to have run out ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online