paging file XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Monique

I am runing XP on a Pent IV computer. Whenever I boot the computer - when I get to the desktop - A window opens about the paging file - not enough memory. How do I get rid of this message. The computer has 512 megs of memory.

:D Thanks Monique

Recommended memory settings are 1.5 the amount of physical RAM. Right Click on my computer goto Properties. Click the advanced TAB. Under Performance click on Settings. Click the Advanced TAB. Virutal Memory is the last setting, you can leave it at system managed or change to 1500MB and 1500MB... click on set and your done.

Monique

Pinger - Thanks for the prompt reply. I will try your suggestion.
Welcome to Tech Support Guy. Great site! Monique

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online