Paige32.DLL missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ezy

Why do I have this 'flip-up' when I go to click on my Eudora that says "you are missing Kernel32.dll" and I sure can't get to the Eudora program. Just since last night. So don't know what could have happened.
Thanks for any help.
Ezy

You would not be able to run Windows without kernel32.dll, so you can't be missing it. Is that the exact error message?

If you have Win98, you might want to try restoring a registry which predates the problem. Any subsequent changes or installs will be nullified. To do this, restart in MS-DOS mode and at the c:\windows\> prompt enter:

scanreg /restore

select a started registry which predates the problem.

ezy

First thank you for answering. I just went and looked and this is what it says when I try to open Eudora:
A required DLL.file, Paige32.DLL was not found. Error starting program.

Ezy

ezy, I don't use Eudora, maybe someone could send you a copy of that file and tell you where to put it.

But I think the best medicine would be to reinstall Eudora, it's their Dll

(I took the liberty of editing the topic title ;))

ezy

I did go to Start>Programs> then MS-Dos and typed in: scanreg/restore. The reply back was: Cannot restore from Windows. Shut down to DOS and run scanreg.exe/restore.
Well I thought that was Dos when I was in MS-DOS. How else is there to go to Dos?

Thanks again,
Ezy

Go to Start>Shutdown>Restart in MS-DOS mode (you cannot do it from a Windows DOS prompt). Then at the c:\windows\> prompt, enter:

scanreg /restore

(the .exe is not needed) If you get an error message, note it exactly.

ezy

I followed your instructions exactly and in fact I did it twice with two different dates where it had said to predate the problem and then restarted the computer but to no avail. When I clicked on the Eudora icon the little pop-up that says at the top of it: Error Starting Program and below it, it says: A required DLL file, Paige32.DLL was not found. Would you have any other instructions to follow.

Thanks so much,
Ezy

Del,
I wouldn't know where to put the DLL file either but I thank you too for trying to help me.
Ezy

Scanreg /restore will not replace a missing or damaged file. It was only suggested because the original reported error might have been due to some registry damage.

Here is the location where it appears the file should go:

Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora Mail\Paige32.dll

Click the download for the file in Del's link. When prompted for a target directory, navigate to

c:\program files\Qualcomm\Eudora Mail

and have it download to that.

ezy

Oh, my, oh my. I went to Del's website but that didn't work either. I have to run between this laptop and then go to the desktop but I'm sure I copied the website down like he had said but the little popup said something like the site didn't exist. I thought sure that would work. Would there be another way to get the right Kernel32.dll Paige 32 down? I even tried putting Del's site on a floppy disk (but then I didn't know what to do with that.

Thanks for all your help. Please let me know if there is something else I can do as I miss my desktop Eudora.

Ezy

Are you unable to access this site or the internet on the pc that has the problem?

You cannot copy the link as it is displayed because the Bulletin Board "truncates" it.

You should be able to open the site by clicking the link as posted here. Then download the file as directed. If you want, you could download it to a floppy disk and then copy it over to the other computer from the floppy -- but accessing this site would be a lot easier.

ezy

I copied Del's website to a floppy disk so maybe I can use that to put on my desktop where I'm having all the troubles. What does "truncate" mean?

Ezy

It means the full address in the message box is not shown. But if you open the link, you should see the full address in the Address Bar at the top. You can copy that.

ezy

O;k I'll try that and then take it to my desktop and put it on. I think I'm 'sinking'. I thought I could drag and drop the Kernel32Paige.dll to the Eudora Mail. I had it saved on a page on my documents, in fact I had two of them. Now when I go to the I.E. and click on Eudora Mail the Paige.dll is there but when I go to open up my Eudora from the Icon on my desktop this is the "flip-up" that comes on now: Error Starting Program, then in the box it says: A required Dll file EUMEMMGR.DLL was not found.
Is there a way to get that off. Geez I think I'm sinking fast.

Ezy

That dll is also available at Del's link. However it really sounds like you need to reinstall Eudora. I'm not familiar with it, but if you originally downloaded it and don't have the setup file for it, you will probably have to download it again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online