1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Paintshop Pro X and PSP CX error install

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Maggz, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Maggz

Maggz Thread Starter

Neither Paintshop Pro X or PSP CX will install. I made a post in All other software and it got no response. I just realized this would be a better forum..

If anyone can help, or offer me an alternative high powered image editor free or pay please reply. Thanks a bunch!!

Maggz :D

I have tried installing both copies of Paintshop Pro that I own on my Windows XP system. Both copies install all the way up to the end and then say "Registering Modules" and it just stays there forever. Other programs install fine, but when I go to install another program right after Ive tried to install PSP it says a copy of PSP installation is suspended and asks me if Id like to rollback so Install can finish installing the current program in which I have to say yes or it aborts.

2. slipe

slipe

Often when programs don’t install there is a problem with the Microsoft installer. But since other programs are installing I have no idea why it isn’t installing. Have you tried installing it from safe mode?

The most powerful free image editor is Gimp for Windows. I find it difficult to use, but that is probably because it is so different from Photoshop.

You might like this better: http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html

3. jvcruz

jvcruz

If setup hangs during "Registering Modules", do the following:

• Bring up task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL)
    • In the processes tab end all instances of msiexec.exe and/or PainshopPro.

By this time PaintShop pro has finished copying all files to the hard drive, however
    if you try to run PainshopPro from the start menu, you may not see its main screen.
    All I got was a splash screen, no main screen.
    This is being caused by the following hardware configuration:

AMD Dual Core CPU + NVidia Graphics Card
    (This is the case at least in my system..)

"Computer hardware configurations including dual core AMD processors and nVidia 6x and 7x GeForce Graphic cards. This hardware configuration used in conjunction with nVidia's 81.85, 81.87, 81.94 and 81.95 Forceware driver causes failure of the Paint Shop Pro X interface to display. This issue has been reported to Product Development. To workaround this problem, uninstall either of the aforementioned drivers and install Forceware driver version 78.01. "

More info here: http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-1957575-paint-shop-pro-9-probleme-a-l-installation

You can work around this by disabling hardware acceleration on your video card.
    • On your desktop click properties.
    • On the Display Properties window click on Settings/Advanced/Troubleshoot then disable Hardware Acceleration.
    • Click on the PaintShop Pro shortcut again and you should be OK.

Hope this helps...

4. jvcruz

jvcruz

... Or you can re-install PaintShop Pro with Hardware Acceleration already turned off.

Thats the best approach. I think.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice