Palm T5 & XP Media Center

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rainforest123

I was trying to synch a Palm Tungeston T5 to a new computer. A message appeared. The synch failed.

I contacted Palm. I was informed that Palm does not support XP Media Center. Palm supports only XP Home & XP Pro.

I would like a recommendation for a program that will function like the Palm software, but work with Media Center.

Error message:
- Could not open Handheld's e-mail Database.
- VersaMail : The conduit cannot communicate with the program on the
handheld. There are two possible causes: 1. The handheld is not properly
connected to the cradle. 2. VersaMail has not been configured on the
handheld. Make sure that the handheld is connected to the cradle and
that you have run VersaMail at least once.

Palm OS: Palm OS® software v4.1
Palm Desktop: Palm Desktop software for Windows v4.1

Thanks for your help.

B123

You may also want to try disabling VersaMail and see if it works then. To do this, right click the HotSync Manager icon in the system Tray (looks like a blue and red circle with arrows pointing to each other), then go to Custom. Click VersaMail and then click Change. Set the action to Do Nothing and make sure that the "Set Selection as Default" is checked, then click the Save button on the toolbar. Close out of the settings and Custom dialogs and then try a HotSync. If this works, then VersaMail was the only problem. If not, post the other errors that you get.

I don't have experience getting this to work on Media Center, but based on the errors that you posted, the problem may just be with VersaMail, maybe the rest of the hotsync process will work fine.

In answer to your question, I don't think there's anything to replace HotSync manager because it actually handles the connection and manages the data transfer to the handheld in addition to just transfering data to an application on the desktop. You might be able to disable all of the default conduits and install another software package to transfer data to a particular program, but this would only work if the handheld syncs fine with all of the default actions set to Do Nothing. You would still need HotSync manager to handle the connection.

Re-Reading the PalmOne page leads me to suspect that no version of Palm software will work.
One hopes that is a tempoarary situation and that a fix is underway, or the company market share will suffer.

I am not aware of any 3rd party solution.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online