1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Palm Tungsten T5 Hotsynch Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by docallan, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docallan

docallan Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4043 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1797 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 456927 MB, Free - 390198 MB; D: Total - 15747 MB, Free - 1740 MB; E: Total - 4055 MB, Free - 1103 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1671
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

When performing a hotsynch operation with my Palm Tungsten T5 via Belkin Bluetooth v2.1 EDR USB Adapter.
    the process hangs during the "Address" application synch step, at which time the PDA screen reads "Synchronizing Calendar". After cancelling the process after a very long time the log shows "Synchronization not completed" and no calendar items appear in the Palm Desktop:

When I attempt to customize the process, although the following apps appear in the application dialog box:"Quick Install";"VersaMail";"ToDo List";"MemoPad"; "Addit";"Media";"Package Installer"; "Install";"Install Service Template"; "Install to Card"; and "Backup", "Calendar" and "Addresses" do not, making it impossible to select either in order to utilize either the "overwrite" option or the "do nothing" option for those two apps

I accomplished HotSynch operations successfully in this way on
    05/04/2112; and 05/08/2112 but it failed as described above once on 05/05 and the last time on 06/02/2012
    Hotsynch is attempted between my Palm Tungsten T5 and my HP Pavillion G series laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium.
    Please help frustrated Allan,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice