1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Panasonic CF-25 notebook cpu upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rmay635703, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmay635703

rmay635703 Thread Starter

I have a friend with a toughbook laptop and we have taken it apart to the core to find that the cpu is a standard 2.8v socket 7 p166mmx pentium cpu. we cannot find jumpers anywhere and wonder if there is any way to upgrade this chip to a 2.8v p233mmx or to one of these low volt socket 7 p266mmx cpus.

We would like to put in a k6-2 but see no way of configuring the chip. These units came stock with 100-166mhz pentium laptop and standard cpus so there must have been a way of "jumpering" them to run each chip

Any thoughts?

Thanx

2. rmay635703

Hmm, we just installed a pentium MMX 200mhz cpu and it works great but only at 166mhz like the old cpu.

There must be a way of reconfiguring the board with different multipliers as the laptop came with anything from a p100 to a p150. but the bios has no options for this and the motherboard itself does not have jumpers to change.

Any ideas?

3. rivincarn

rivincarn

I'm guessing that they would be in the Bios.Thats where my is.

Hope this helps

4. rmay635703

Thats what I thought but...

The bios on this unit is the most basic useless bios I have ever seen. It only has settings for the power management, password and if you load the bios non-pnp defaults it will let you change the com ports, sound ports, etc but does not mention hard drive parameters or much of anything else of use.

My guess is this must be "hidden" in the bios if it is there. I am wondering if there is a utility for the laptop to change the multiplier and the FSB.

Cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/127076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice