1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Panasonic CF-25

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maddjakk, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddjakk

maddjakk Thread Starter

I wanted to ask a question of how to look for an upgrade fro ram on a panasonic tough book Cf-25. I would like to upgrade to windows XP but from what I understand the minimum requirements are at least 128megs of ram. I have spent a couple of hours on search engines trying to find a proper upgrade. They talk about a 64x1 is that the best I can do? I am not the literate on this topic I work as a sous chef in a hotel so I hope I'm not stating the obvious. I am strarting aside business with a friend and wanted to use the computer for on the road sales eventually adding a mobile printer. Thanks for any help
    Jack

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If I recall, the CF 25 uses a 133 MHz pentium 1.

If that is correct, then thats a long way below the minimum CPU specs required (to be useable at all it needs to be 450 MHz, even though Microsoft claim it will run on a 300 MHz chip) for XP.

Thats not going to be upgradeable, so don't get too hopeful about running XP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/316764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice