1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Panasonic CF-27..how to install new OS?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twthomas, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twthomas

twthomas Thread Starter

Gentlemen,

I have apparently discovered the sole incarnation of a mobius strip in software from.

I have a Panasonic Toughbook CF-27 that needs a OS change. My local IM geeks wiped everything from it because it was "no longer network compatible".

Here's my problem. It could be a nice toss-around PC for field work if it had an OS however it no longer does.
    Here's the never ending problem:
    It has a removeable FDD bay and 1 CD drive and 1 Floppy. Both will not fit at once and ME and XP
    will not allow me to make the C: drive a bootable drive. Therefore I cannot boot with a boot disk and run setup from the CD...

Confused? So am I.

Anyone have any idea how to put a modern OS on a laptop with one 1 drive capability?

By the way: I actually thought that ME was bootable but it doesn't act like it. Is it supposed to be?

Thanks. I need to go iron my pocket protecter now. :(

2. cap2361

cap2361

start with the floppy drive and use the fdisk utility.. then reboot and format c: after format is complete copy the bootdisk to the hard drive. this should enable you to then attach the cd and install os.

3. cap2361

cap2361

oh, I do have me on my pc. my disks are from gateway and it does not require a boot disk. I access external dos commands from the cd disk and write the disk to zero's then i fdisk and format all from the same cd.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165552

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice