1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Panasonic CF-27 Toughbook BIOS password...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computer-aces, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computer-aces

computer-aces Thread Starter

My brother has a Panasonic Toughbook CF-27 laptop. He put a BIOS password on it a long time ago. He now needs to get in the BIOS, but forgot the password. He's tried everything he could think of and nothing works. I know on PC's you can change some jumpter settings or take out the lithium ion battery to remove the password. Is there an easy way to get rid of the password on this laptop? I searched the Panasonic site, but didn't find anything helpfull. Will removing the motherboard battery on the laptop do the same? If so, doe anyone know where it's located? Is it easy to get to or deep down in the system?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Cory

2. active95

active95

It does just that it takes a bit longer.... I mean need to take the battery out for about 3 -4 days to drain it completly. Otherwise ( since i'm not quite famialiar with that particual model ) look inside the laptop for a "CLS CMOS" or something close to that , which will clear the BIOS and subsequently the password.
    By the way what BIOS does the laptop has? Award , AMI , Phoenix....

3. computer-aces

computer-aces Thread Starter

I'm not sure what brand BIOS it has. I don't have the laptop in front of me. I'm not really sure if that matters anyways. Even if you take out the normal laptop battery for 3-4 days - doesn't if have a motherboard battery that keeps the time and BIOS settings and such?

Cory

4. active95

active95

There are couple of "default passwords" that help in situations like this ( well most of the times.....) so that's why i asked what BIOS you have ( check when the laptop when it starts and should see something like AWARD 4.5G......or if you are able to boot into windows go to www.belarc.com and download the Belarc Advisor and it will tell you what BIOS you have). And taking the battery out will not "mess up" .. the laptop will still start just with the bare minimum , after which you can get into BIOS and modify it.
    HTH

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/84007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice