1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Panasonic DMC-FZ200 camera, videos won't upload

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by nanny645, Feb 12, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. nanny645

nanny645 Thread Starter

I can't get videos from my Panasonic DMC-FZ200 camera to upload to my MacBook Air computer. My computer is using macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.3. I've tried uploading both from the SD card itself and also using the USB cable that came with the camera. I can see the videos on the camera, but only the photos show up to upload. I bought a new SD card, thinking it was the card, but it does the same thing. Any advice?

2. Sponsor

3. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Disregard Post #2.
    I found this article.
    You may want to contact apple about your problem to see if they might have a solution.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    They just may be on the built in memory and not the SD card.

6. nanny645

nanny645 Thread Starter

If that is true, I wonder how I can access that built in memory?

7. nanny645

nanny645 Thread Starter

Thanks for your response, but it's not the video on my computer that is the problem. It's that the videos I shot with my camera won't upload from the camera to my computer. When I plug my camera into my computer with the USB cable, and the SD card too, it shows all the pictures I've taken, but not the videos. That's what I don't understand or know what to do about.

8. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Might be the update that is causing this problems.
    Have you tried using itunes.

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    From doing some reading, I think the camera by default records video in AVCHD format. Perhaps computers don't see that.

It was further suggested to someone (in 2015) who owned that model camera to go into the settings and change the recording mode to mp4 instead of AVCHD.

Here some information on the AVCHD
    http://www.moyea.com/video-converter/avchd/

I'm looking to see what folder the camera stores the videos in.

Here is the manual, in case you don't have it
    Code:
    ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/camera/om/dmc-fz200_en_adv_om.pdf
    page 182:
    The unit can be connected to any PC capable of recognizing a mass storage device.
    • Windows support: Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
    • Mac support: OS X v10.1 ~ v10.7

I'm going to assume that your computer is using a version of OSX that is incompatible with your camera.

Advice: find a friend or relative running Windows 7 or OX 10.7 and upload the videos to that computer.
    You might be able to put in a USB stick and move the videos from the computer to the stick.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  10. nanny645

nanny645 Thread Starter

THANK YOU!!! Switching the settings on my camera from AVCHD format to MP4 worked! My husband has a PC with OX 10.7 and we already tried uploading the videos to his computer, but that didn't work either. If they don't upload from the camera/SD card, then I guess we can't move them to a USB stick. It was just a few videos, but with my grandsons. :( Thanks again! At least from now on, I shouldn't have a problem. Heading to Hawaii tomorrow, so looking forward to getting some great shots!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1204818