1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

panasonic lumix G3

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by starnelka, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. starnelka

starnelka Thread Starter

First Name:
    Vow
    I've just been given a Lumix G3. Naturally, the accompanying manual hardly helps with any of the functions so I uploaded the pdf manual - all 208 pages of it. I've printed out some of the pages which seem to be the most relevant but since there's no search facility I may have missed some crucial explanation.
    My real problem is I only know how to take a basic picture on the camera and even when trying to follow the instructions I find they aren't detailed enough. I don't know how to zoom in other than twisting the lens which has a very limited action and I don't know how to turn on flash. Plus lots of other things.The other problem is that my eyesight isn't good so trying to see what the icons are in the so called manual is next to impossible.

Does anyone know if there's an easier, more explanatory manual available? I've Googled it but come up with nothing.

2. pip22

pip22

Without in any way wishing to sound patronising, I fear the Lumix G3 is not the camera for you, especially since you say your eyesight isn't very good. Have you tried printing out the relevant pages of the manual rather than trying to read it on-screen?

The G3 is an advanced enthusiast's camera so you may find it quite confusing if it's your first SLR.
    Zooming in/out is achieved by turning the lens ring which is nearest to the camera body.
    Flash is usually set to automatic by default (it pops up and fires when there's insufficient ambient light) but this can be altered in the camera's menu system.

3. starnelka

starnelka Thread Starter

First Name:
    Vow
    Of course I've printed out the relevant pages. I've had easier manuals to follow than the Lumix so I don't find it a great help. Neither is it my first SLR - I've had two previous ones and had no trouble with either. I also know how to zoom in and out using the lens, I'm not an idiot. But I do know that it's possible to zoom by using the touch screen and I want to know how since the indexing system in the manual doesn't explain much. I was shown how in a store before I decided to buy but since I was away from home at the time I can hardly go back and ask for help when I bought the camera elsewhere.

4. wowzer

wowzer

5. starnelka

starnelka Thread Starter

First Name:
    Vow
    Thank you very much, Wowzer. That link is extremely helpful. Glad someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks again.

6. wowzer

wowzer

you're welcome

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice