1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Panasonic VDR-D50 Disc problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Muhib, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Muhib

Muhib Thread Starter

I have a Panasonic VDR-D50 handy cam. Today when I tried to use it, video was recorded and everything was fine. Now I am facing two WEIRD problems:

1. Camcoder says Disc is full. But when I insert that small disc in my pc to get my records, the disc is blank. I can't find anything. Again, no recording can be performed without the disc (so where are the videos being saved????). Tried in different PC's.

2. I am trying to replace the disc with the SD Card so that I can write in SD card instead of disc. But I found no option to use the SD Card. I searched the menus of the camcoder.

Can you please help?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you wont be able to write to the SD card - thats just for still images only
    http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/VDR-D50?t=specs&support#tabs

sounds like the DISC has been corrupted somehow , if you cannot read in a couple of DVD players

what type of DVD is it - Panasonic use a special Disk called a DVD RAM and I think that can only be used on Panasonic players - I have about 8 of these and used on my Panasonic - but no other device can read them
    OR
    have you used a DVD-RW

3. Muhib

Muhib Thread Starter

Yes, It's a DVD-RW 1.4 GB. Named as 'Mitshubishi Kagaku Media'. So what kind of disc can I use? You said that videos can be played only in Panasonic players, if so, then how can I transfer the videos to my computer for editing and viewing purpose (for example, using the videos as mp4, mkv, avi etc) ???

Oh, one thing I forgot. The disc isn't corrupted. Because when the camcoder is loaded with the disc, we can play the videos in the camcoder

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    NO ,I said
    As you have used a DVD-RW then any DVD Player should be able to read it

I suspect it has been corrupted - have you tried another DVD-RW in the machine at all - make sure it can actually record on the disk and you can read on the PC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice