1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Panasonic woes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Selwyn, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Selwyn

Selwyn Thread Starter

Hi, everyone - nice to be back..............
    I have one or two problems with my Panasonic camcorder on my new HP laptop operating on Windows 7.

I was able to use either the installed movie maker on my old XP computer or the Panasonic software supplied on disc with the camcorder.

I'm not very happy with the Windows 7 movie maker replacement, nor the Roxio software which is installed and which keeps cutting itself off for no apparent reason about 5 minutes into the download.

But most important is the reaction to my attempts to re-install my Panasonic software disc. I keep getting an error message, which I neither understand nor do I have any idea what to do with it. I can't get the attached screenshot to open but the error message reads:-
    ! Error executing file.
    E:\MDVS\Setup\Setup.exe
    The requested operation requires elevation

Can anyone out there help with any of these issues?
    Yours,
    Selwyn.

Attached Files:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Selwyn

Selwyn Thread Starter

Etaf - many thanks for your prompt reply............

I imagined that compatibility may indeed have been one of the issues here.
    I just tried your "right click/run as administrator; it began the operation then within seconds produced another error message reading as follows:-
    "An error has been encountered during installation.
    Exits from the installation (4001)"
    I will check the Microsoft link you have sent me and see if anything turns up there. I'll keep you posted, of course -
    Thanks,
    Selwyn.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you may be able to get updated software via Panasonic - whats the exact model number

5. Selwyn

Selwyn Thread Starter

Hi, Etaf ----- it is marketed in this country as NV-G180 I'm not sure it is globally identified as such; 2.3 Mega pixel, 3ccd SD.
    I once knew the model number globally but it no longer seems to appear on their web site
    Selwyn

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    having trouble with that model number on the US and European Panasonic sites

7. Selwyn

Selwyn Thread Starter

I'll try again to find its Parallel model number; perhaps I diidn't look hard enough ...............
    Selwyn

8. Selwyn

Selwyn Thread Starter

I'm sorry Efat - it seems that in the 3-4 years since I bought the camcorder (and the last time I found it illustrated under its global identity) - it has been removed from the listings.

But thanks for your concer and interested help.
    Selwyn

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice