1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pando - big email attachment program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by highsurf03, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. highsurf03

highsurf03 Thread Starter

Hi - I read in today's WALL STREET JOURNAL (July 12 - Section D, Page 5) about "An Easier Way to Send Large Email Attachments." The JOURNAL seems pretty high on the Pando Program:

This week, we tested a new, free, application called Pando that aims to solve this problem [large email attachments like digital pictures and video] without requiring you to use an intermediary Web site [like Ofoto, Shutterfly, Kodak Easy Share, Snapfish]. Pando lets you email huge attachments - up to one gigabyte each - to anyone, without breaching email size limits, or clogging anyone's inbox. It comes in versions for both Windows and Macintosh computers, available for downloading at <www.pando.com>.

It sounded fishy to us, too, but Pando, from Pando Networks, Inc., performed really well in our tests - even in its current 'beta,' or trial, stage. It's simple, fast, and effective, and it solves the large-attachment problem."

Does anyone know anything about this program beyond what the JOURNAL had to say? Has anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance for whatever you might be able to offer.​

2. Augie65

Augie65

Pando looks like just another P2P program. Both you and the recipient have to download the software. I just don't trust any P2P programs, but that's just me.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

4. highsurf03

highsurf03 Thread Starter

Thank you, John. I didn't know that there were other programs, and I hadn't given any thought to the recipient having to load it too. You've given me lots to think about. I appreciate it. Take care.

5. JohnWill

We love to get people thinking. :D

6. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

7. JohnWill

Gee, one that I missed on my list, and it's one that I use too! :D

8. wilson44512

wilson44512

9. JohnWill

Why pay for one when there's so many free ones?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice