1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Paper jam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by veeahtee, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. veeahtee

veeahtee Thread Starter

How do I fix a paper jam on my Canon printer PIXMA MP280

2. gyclone

gyclone

I assume you mean how do you reset the printer after the physical paper jam has been cleared. If that is the case, there should be a Stop/Reset button on the main controls, if so, press it. I have a different model PIXMA, so you might not have that button; if you don't, turn it off, wait about a minute (really wait a minute or it will not fully reset), then turn it back on. That should do it, if not, post back and I'll try to help you clear out the error state.

3. veeahtee

veeahtee Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. I did turn the printeroff for a while, nothing happenened so I physically managed to pull the wad of paper out and the problem was solved. No further problems

4. gyclone

gyclone

Yeah, you have to pull the paper out by hand, or tweezers, or pliers, or stab at it with a knife, whatever works. :)

I'm glad it's working!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice