1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Paperport 11.2 hangs when all-in-one search is checked. Shows system busy

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Byzenna, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Byzenna

Byzenna Thread Starter

When I check all-in-one search shows system busy. If I hit the system busy to turn it off it brings up the start menu. Have un-installed and re-installed. After it times out about 2 mins. It come up saying cannot index you might have to restart windows. When I hit ok the program starts working fine. It stays working until it has to index again. All other sections of the program work fine.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Have you tried updating PaperPort? There are newer versions available.

3. Byzenna

Byzenna Thread Starter

Yes! Updated to 14. This version does not use the .max form. Most of my forms are .max. The PDF form is more difficult to correct using the form filler. I think there is some conflict with the indexing variable it picked up on the re-install.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Or there is a bug in the old v11.2 which doesn't work/work properly with your current OS. Or some other random software/driver conflict.

5. Byzenna

Byzenna Thread Starter

11.2 worked before I upgraded to pp14. I didn't like the pdf only. I would loose all of my .max files. I un-installed 14 and re-installed 11.2. That is when the problem started.

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The upgrade likely changed some registry entry. Uninstalling software typically doesn't remove or remove all of the registry entries.

You can uninstall again, and try manually cleaning the registry (if you are technical enough to do so). You could also give a tool like Revo Uninstaller a try. Or last resort, a fresh install of the OS.

7. Byzenna

Byzenna Thread Starter

I think the only solution is to rebuild the registry. I'll try that and then I'll re-install to see if that works.
    Thanks!!!

8. Byzenna

Byzenna Thread Starter

Turned off indexing in Windows. Only have paperport docs in paperport folder. Works now. Only hangs when trying to update after search opens. Does not show last time updated.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!