1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Paperport 11 Freezing - Again!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by JEJeffrey, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEJeffrey

JEJeffrey Thread Starter

I can see that I'm by no means the first to have this problem. Perhaps that means someone has at last found a/the solution?

I am running Paperport 11 under Windows 7. It has had a history of going 'sulky' on me - after a scan, it gives an error message claiming to be busy if I try to do anything at all - scan another page, or move to a different folder, or re-arrange the icons on the page, or even close it down. I would have to shut it down using Windows Task Manager. When I did that, it used to reopen spontaneously, and appear to be OK! Until the next time, that is.

At a push, I could live with that, but things are now much, much worse. Out of the blue today, Paperport 11 let me scan a couple of documents to PDF quite happily then froze. (No response, not even an error message, just 'Not Responding' in the top bar). I shut it down using Windows Task Manager, then restarted it, with no improvement; it takes me to the file folder I was at before, but reports 'Not Responding'. I have rebooted the PC, but the symptoms are the same.

What on earth can I do now?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice