Paperport (Ah, my friend)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wcodtech

I recently upgraded to Windows XP OS. This has caused some real fun problems. I am to the point now where everything works EXCEPT my scanner. And I know the connection is OK because I can print FROM Paperport just not scan TO it.

Paperport Error: Problem with the TWAIN device

Not sure how to fix this. Help!!

Is is showing it as installed correctly under device manager?
Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from maker of you scanner?

Is is showing it as installed correctly under device manager?
Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from maker of you scanner?

wcodtech

It's a printer/fax/scanner in one. I had to download drivers for the unit through the manufacturer's website. After I did that my printer started working again. I assume I downloaded the scanner drivers also. I'll check the device manager now. Thanks for the reply

wcodtech

I check out my device driver. I doesn't display my printer/fax/or scanner. Again, both my printer and fax work but the scanner isn't functioning. Under the USP ports it shows (?).

I'm still very much the rookie. What else can I do here?

You mention Paperport,is this,by any chance,a Visioneer product? When i installed XP-home,my Visioneer 7600 scanner drivers would not work. Found drivers for Win2K at their site and was told these "should" work. On trying to install them, i got messages that .dll's could not be found. Wrote them down(total of 6) and went to dll site and dn/loaded them. Unzipped to proper file(s). Still would not install Twain correctly. Scanner is now a paperweight...:( Unless and until, i go back to Win98SE. And personally,with all the bloat and unnecessary i'm finding, this may not be too far off...:p

wcodtech

No, it's not a visioneer product. It's a Brother MFC 4800 which is a great product. And, as yours did, works well with windows 98. You'd think it would be easy to make these scanners compatible. Ahhhhh, still not working. Although I'm not going back to '98. I'm clinging onto hope I can get this sucker to work!

If you never unplugged it when you upgraded to XP, then go ahead and unplug it from the computer. Then plug it back in and let XP attemp to auto install it. If it cannot find a driver, then point it to the drivers you downloaded.

i can add to this... Though my system has been working fine for years... I'm having the very same propblem with Paperport 11. Though I'm able to scan using the Brother uitlity software, paperport says that my scanner is not attached? Though I can't be certain, this problem started withing days of my runing a regular windows update. Any suggestion?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online