1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Paperport (Ah, my friend)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wcodtech, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wcodtech

wcodtech Thread Starter

I recently upgraded to Windows XP OS. This has caused some real fun problems. I am to the point now where everything works EXCEPT my scanner. And I know the connection is OK because I can print FROM Paperport just not scan TO it.

Paperport Error: Problem with the TWAIN device

Not sure how to fix this. Help!!

2. kknla

kknla

Is is showing it as installed correctly under device manager?
    Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from maker of you scanner?

3. kknla

kknla

Is is showing it as installed correctly under device manager?
    Have you tried downloading the latest drivers from maker of you scanner?

4. wcodtech

wcodtech Thread Starter

It's a printer/fax/scanner in one. I had to download drivers for the unit through the manufacturer's website. After I did that my printer started working again. I assume I downloaded the scanner drivers also. I'll check the device manager now. Thanks for the reply

5. wcodtech

wcodtech Thread Starter

I check out my device driver. I doesn't display my printer/fax/or scanner. Again, both my printer and fax work but the scanner isn't functioning. Under the USP ports it shows (?).

I'm still very much the rookie. What else can I do here?

6. Ridgerunr

Ridgerunr

You mention Paperport,is this,by any chance,a Visioneer product? When i installed XP-home,my Visioneer 7600 scanner drivers would not work. Found drivers for Win2K at their site and was told these "should" work. On trying to install them, i got messages that .dll's could not be found. Wrote them down(total of 6) and went to dll site and dn/loaded them. Unzipped to proper file(s). Still would not install Twain correctly. Scanner is now a paperweight...:( Unless and until, i go back to Win98SE. And personally,with all the bloat and unnecessary i'm finding, this may not be too far off...:p

7. wcodtech

wcodtech Thread Starter

No, it's not a visioneer product. It's a Brother MFC 4800 which is a great product. And, as yours did, works well with windows 98. You'd think it would be easy to make these scanners compatible. Ahhhhh, still not working. Although I'm not going back to '98. I'm clinging onto hope I can get this sucker to work!

8. kknla

kknla

If you never unplugged it when you upgraded to XP, then go ahead and unplug it from the computer. Then plug it back in and let XP attemp to auto install it. If it cannot find a driver, then point it to the drivers you downloaded.

9. s8aft

s8aft

i can add to this... Though my system has been working fine for years... I'm having the very same propblem with Paperport 11. Though I'm able to scan using the Brother uitlity software, paperport says that my scanner is not attached? Though I can't be certain, this problem started withing days of my runing a regular windows update. Any suggestion?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117563

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice