1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Paradox Printing problems???????????

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by benbuilder, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benbuilder

benbuilder Thread Starter

Scenario:
    Windows XP operating system
    Program: Paradox 4.0 running via Command Prompt
    Printer: Epson LQ-300

The program is working fine, nice and fast.

BUT when you ask it to print a report it takes about 30 seconds to register the command at the printer and begin printing. Also sometimes it stops printing mid-print and waits for a few seconds before continuing.

I have just put this onto this machine, it was previously on an early pentium running directly in DOS and reports were instantaneous.

Thanks

2. SB305

SB305

Sorry, can't offer any useful advice but I was overcome with an attack of nostalgia. :eek:
    I bought an LQ-300 dot matrix printer 22 years ago for use on an 8-bit Atari! It lasted longer than all the inkjets I've had combined. I was amazed to see Staples still selling it this year!
    Again, apologies for butting in to your thread. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648881

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice