Parallel SCSI drive to Serial

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EWek1

I am trying to clone my old hdd, which has a parallel connector with a ribbon cable, to my new machine's hdd, which has a serial connector to the motherboard. Is there any way to get both of these hdd's into the same box even though they have different connection methods? Is there a converter? Is there any other way to get all of my programs from my old disk onto the new one?

yes, you need this

take your pick
http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...os=ZIP/Postal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

you may have to email them, there are sata to pata AND pata to sata adapters
and they are NOT SCSI they are (S) serial ATA or (P) parallel ATA

I think you want the one that plugs into the HD to convert the pata HD to sata mainboard
So do not do what I did I just plugged in the power connector on the HD and not the adapter, the adapter has a connector too for power

I have not seen a mainboard that is all SATA, They still have PATA for the cdroms, if the CDROMS are PATA , why not disconnect one cdrom and connect up the hd ? that is if you are just copying data. SATA drives are so chep, you can get a 320 gig for $80 at newegg.com... so i would not recommend keeping your old PATA HD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online